May 9, 2012

Lines with Liam



Scene: In the bathroom, trying to contort Liam into sitting still for one moment while I dry him off after bath to put on his “jamas”.
Me: “Liam please sit STILL!”
Liam: (Moving all over the place…his legs and arms flying everywhere…accidentally elbows me in the face above my left eye)
Me: “OUCH Liam that really hurt!!!” (Grabbing my face, wincing in pain)
Liam: “Mommy, you got owie?!”
Me: “Yes...that really hurt Liam!”
Liam: “MAYBE you need a mommy band aid.”
Me: (still trying to wrestle him to sit still and put on his clothes)
Liam: “I can go get you a mommy band aid!” (Runs into our master bathroom and gets under the counter and grabs one of my breast pads I use because I am nursing. Hands me the breast pad) “Here you go Mommy, I got you a mommy band aid!” (As he is trying to stick the "mommy band aid" above my eye)

Scene: In the car driving home from daycare on a beautiful sunny spring afternoon.
Liam: “Mommy, the sun is really bright!”
Me: (Driving…don’t respond...focused on driving of course)
Liam: “Mommy, where's the sun’s mommy?!”
Me: “I don’t know Liam, where is the suns' mommy?”
Liam: (Looking really perplexed and thinking for a few moments) “The mommy is hiding behind that cloud”

No comments:

Post a Comment