December 9, 2009

Well...HELLO!

Welcome to LIVING LIAM. My name is Jill and I am a new mother of one handsome young man named Liam (4 1/2 months old.) I am so excited to start this blogging journey in hopes to share some creative ideas and to inspire you to make your living space a perfect home for your family. I am such a believer in having a space for your little one that doesn't sacrifice your sense of style. Trust me you will be spending tons of time in that room and that doesn't mean you both can't enjoy the decor.

It was almost a year to date when Kevin and I found out we were pregnant with our little man Liam. As the days of pregnancy slowly pasted by, I spent a tremendous amount of time (Kevin can attest to this... "Babe, its 3 a.m., can you please turn the brightness on the computer screen down") online searching and browsing for ideas on the perfect room for our new bundle of joy.

So without further a due, I want to share with you Liam's nursery.Liam's nursery was the most fun I have had designing a space. It think mostly because we have several personal touches throughout.

From the handwritten letter artwork.
To the custom building storage blocks.To the homemade mobile.And the fabric covered lamp shades.The "inspiration" for the nursery came from the Missoni fabric and color palette. It is so important to have an inspiration piece, item, photo, or vision in mind when designing your perfect space. Inspiration can come from a large piece of furniture to a very small accessory.
When you see a space you truly love what is it about the space that inspires you? What was the last thing that has inspired you in your home decor and design?
Other stories and information on Liam's Nursery can be found in the December/January issue of M Magazine, Project Nursery and Your Style Scout.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world Jill! Can't wait to see all the amazing things you write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, your blog is cute! Can't wait to see the fun stuff you come up with. I grew up with Kevin and seeing that smile in
    his pictures with you just makes me so happy for you guys! Congratulations. Love your blog :).

    -Lindsay 'O'Hare' Brummer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I was a friend of Kevin's in High School. Your website is really cute. I am also expecting in Aug. and was wondering where you got the Liam custom blocks?

    Katie Toffer Giolitti

    ReplyDelete